Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to this. I've had my S4 for about 3 months now. And, I want to make it sound better, and want to do a good job of doing it. After practically tearing apart the dash this last weekend, I still couldn't figure out how to get the stereo out. And ideas, tips or hints?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
assuming you have the OEM 2001 symphony head unit.. there are 4 slots.. one on each corner of the head unit, you'll need VAG stereo keys (4)... stick them in the slots and pull it right out.

keys:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks alot. I thought those holes were there for some reason. Where can I get a set of those keys from?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
call crutchfield car audio or just head to your audi dealer.. they'll probably pop it out for you for free.. keys will run you like $5 each... i have no clue why they're so expensive....

people have also been known to make their own out of old credit cards, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a 2000 S4 and it has the stock stereo, but before i bought the car, i had installed an MTX amplifier and a Sony 10 inch XPLOD Sub. It sounds really good. Nice and clear, and if i want the bass, then its there too. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jtj0812@Mar 28 2005, 08:55 PM
I've got a 2000 S4 and it has the stock stereo, but before i bought the car, i had installed an MTX amplifier and a Sony 10 inch XPLOD Sub. It sounds really good. Nice and clear, and if i want the bass, then its there too. I hope that helps.
Any idea if the used an OEM II to install the amp? I know I can use one to convert the high freg. from the sock stereo/amp to a low one that my amp can handle(1000watt kenwood and 2 PG 12's) but for some reason Car Toys is telling me no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts