Audi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im am new here i have just purchased a 2001 audi s4 and was woundering what are some good mods for this car any info or help is appreciated........i just got out of a turbo m3 so i want this s4 faster

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
its all just 1 image that has 3 different pictures in it... hope that answers that question :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope not at all.....some please give me a list of mods and companies possible links...thanks

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
check out some chips,they r very good for the s4 from wat i hear!!! u can try awetunning.com or apr

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've got one as well. Start with a chip(APR, GIAC, etc.) Diverter valves(Bailey, EVO MS, Forge, etc). Downpipes and exhaust (Milltek, APR, GMG Racing). Intakes are good, but not needed really. I have an EVO MS intake. It's nice for the sound. But, a K&N Filter works great too. Are you looking to lower it at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i want to lower it but not to much i was looking at tein springs already are those good or is there something better....?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Tein springs are nice. Their coil-over/dampeners are a lot better though. Its what I have on mine. I love it. If you want the best there is though... Stasis engineering. If I had the money, I'd upgrade to them. Plus get the adjustable upper control arms. Even if it makes the ride a little harder

·
Registered
170 Posts
I thought about going with the ASP kit myself. Still thinking about it. But, TEC wants to do a free GT28 or 30 setup on my car. Should be great. They're sending the trans to level 10 for a free upgrade as well. I LOVE SPONSORS!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i dont want to go to go to extreme and i really dont want to get into replacing the turbo's just yet (if it aint broke why fix it) i want to start out slow i just had a baby 3 weeks ago so i need to keep it mild for now but i do want the max hp without the turbo swapping so maybe like a chip , intake , upgraded DV's , down pipes , exhaust , pulleys , maybe new bi pipe , springs , maybe some ignition upgrades , and larger injectors but i need some web sites to get these things from and any help would be appreciated..... and one more question how can i get more boost out of the factory turbos will the chip do that for me or what do i have to do cause i know the stock is like 5-6 psi and i want like 15-20psi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so what your saying is that pulleys and injectors wont make a difference and that i should get 15-20 psi off of the chip alone......nice......how does the chip work i dont have to send out my ecu do i or do i install it myself and your talking about the giac chip right form awe-tuning.com.....how do you install it is it plug and play or does it have to be soldered on..?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts