Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm told by my Audi dealer that all 4 of my alloys are buckled. I feel I'm being ripped off, they tell me the (standard) alloys are a soft compound and prone to doing this. Is this likely?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've never heard of this on an Audi. In fact, I was under the impression that mag wheels were more brittle (due to the aluminum content) and were more apt to crack than bend or flex. Why don't you go see a wheel specialty shop and ask some questions.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ye, a lot of other ppl have said the same thing. I'm going to do exactly that.

To compound my bad experience they scratched my bumper :/

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
If Audi wont do anything about it then i suppose you would have to look for a replica set as the originals from audi will set you back big money.

I bought mine off ebay 18 " with tyres for £500 delivered to my door and you cant really tell the difference between them and the original audi supplied wheels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looked into that also, those replicas dont fit Rs4's. Audi even do an official replica which bizarrely fit everything but an Rs4! Anyway I don't mind the big bill as such just not if its just a way to get my money.

I'll let you know what happens when I get round to taking it to a wheel balancing centre.

Oh and incidently it seems fine on the road after a change of disks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts