Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the Audi TT. I have owned my 95 3000GT for 7 years now. It was a nonturbo and I turned it into a TT conversion. So it was a FWD-TT. I was running 10psi on my 10:1 engine. I was running all twinturbo fuel and electronics with the SAFCII and other upgrades. Anyways I am ready for a new car. So I turned my FWD-TT back into a nonturbo. Which I am selling now. My friend has a 2000 TT with 78K miles on it which he is selling. Looks like the KBB value is right below $10K. What are the down sides for buy the 2000 TT instead of buying one of the 2001 and up TTs? I know that the 2000 TT only has 180HP and the 2001 up have 225HP right? Are there many performance mods that I could add to the 180HP to give it more power? How much safe HP can the 180hp car make after the mods? Price range? It spent right over $6K after all said and done to convert my NA 3000GT 225hp crank to a FWD-TT over 300hp to the wheels. Are there anyother weak point of the 2000 TT compared to the 2001 up TTs? These TTs are RWD right? Sorry for my lack up info on these cars.

Just need a little heads up. I am looking for a pretty reliable car. I do all of the work myself so I would be only in for the mods when I upgrade not the labor. I would not think that the TT would be harder to work on than the FWD-TT 3000GT but I might be wrong.

Anything that I should check on the 2000 TT when I am test driving it?

I know these are a lot of question that I just asked. Any infomation would be great! I am not looking for a drag car but I have to have a car that can get up and go when I need it to.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just looked at the APR Transverse 1.8T Stage III. Is this the only system that I could get? Looks like 290HP at best at the cost of $4500. Might as well buy a 225TT and buy a $500 chip. Should be around 279hp right?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts