Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Greetings from Australia"
I have an s4 that has std 17inch wheels and I would like to fit the largest wheels with the std profile tyres what options are they? If any one can help that would be great.
Dennis M

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well, you probably could fit 19s on your car, but why would you? I'd stick with 18's.

19s are way too unreliable - you'll get flats all the time. :mellow:

I would look at 18's from BBS, HRE or OZ

·
Registered
272 Posts
B) I would look on ebay.co.uk as there are many rs4 wheels in 18" but for looks i would recomend 18" OR 19" rs6 replicas they look so sweet on an S4.
also try tyres
also try item number 7935027491 on ebay.co.uk for a special treat.
some pics of replicas on audis attached to help ya decide.

mark (a3 kid)

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Originally posted by geiomed@Nov 15 2004, 10:20 PM
Ok,thanks.What about reliability and handling differences?

reliability is not a question as they are made to OE standard and handeling and grip are greatly improved as more rubber on the road.
only negitive is acceleration time B) is ever so slightly reduced when you increase wheel diameter

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
acceleration time would only be affected if you increase TIRE size when you're increasing WHEEL size. If you're increasing WHEEL size, but decreasing TIRE size (normal for cars.. less normal for, say, lifted trucks) there is no difference in proformance.

In regards to the weight of aftermarket wheels: most reputable companies' wheels are comparable to to the weight of your stock wheels. If you're going with 'high range' such as BBS or OZ, the wheels are usually lighter which would actually increase proformance (lower the weight of your car)

relialibility would only be affected if you had put like... 19" or 20" wheels ... where you had to have a smaller amound of tire to fit the wheels on your car. This means less ruber...

less ruber = changing tires more

1 - 8 of 8 Posts