Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Can anyone tell me how to remove this speaker? I have AllData DIY and the Bentley manual and I am not seeing anything about this....

Thanx!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I guess it is, they don't say much about the speakers themselves, but it seems to be saying that you have to pull the whole door panel to get the speakers out, does that sound right? Again, they aren't specifically saying how to replace the speakers......:eek:

Thanx!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes. You have to remove the door panel to get at the speaker. After you remove the approporate screws, lift up and out on the panel. It's easier than you think. the speaker attaches to the panel from the rear.
good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, so you have done this then? Does the panel go back on well? That is my big fear on something like that.

I never told the whole story about the speaker, it was pouring rain, and I got in the car and the instrument cluster was wet from the rain blowing in, but i don't think that is what did it, because I sat in my car a bit and collected myself, and since it was late on a friday, I decided to do a couple of panic stops in the industrial park where I work to check everything out since it was going to be a bit shaky going home in all that rain, after that the stereo went out entirely, just popped and had really low volume when I had it on, so then after that it seemed to heal itself, exept for the passemger side rear woofer, so every time I want to turn the stereo up, I have to mentally convince myself that the bass line on every song is being played on a kazoo!:D (I am out there anyway so this is not hard).

Thanx!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes. I've done this several time on my own car. Remember to lift up then out when removing the panel. You may want to pay close attention to the door lock knob when you remove the panel as this piece will stay with the door.It goes back in the same way only in reverse. When you get it back together make sure connect all the wires and test the window, lock etc...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is cool, thank you very much! I bought a pair of OEM Bose speakers on eBay and will mess with them this weekend, I thought they were new but they were used, I guess I could have done better by going aftermarket, they are 5-1/4" right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man, super easy! I did have trouble getting the lock button to come back up thru, I removed the button itself and ran a McDonalds straw down the hole and over the threaded post to line it up as the panel went down, did the trick. No more kazoo!!:)

Thanx!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I figured out why the stereo kind of "healed itself", because it stopped raining!! I have found a nice leak in the passenger front door, and the stereo only pops when it is raining, no sound just popping:mad: I am not sure how related the two are, but it makes sense at this point, I hope there isn't another leak in the back of the car by where the amp is.........

Anyone have any leak/sound issues like this?

Thanx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, a friend and I looked at it last night, and there is water getting onto the big brown connector that goes into the amp, in the rear, in the right little access door as you are facing the hatch, the connector was wet, but we couldn't find the source of the leak, any Avant owners have any leaking problems in the hatch area?

Thanx,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts