Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hello all. I'm new to the forum but have spent plenty of time getting information here. Here's what I have going on. I've owned the car 6 months and after valve cover gasket and cam cap replacement I have not used or leaked any oil. So I drove from Maquoketa to Cedar rapids (about 80 miles) and got out of the car and noticed a large oil puddle under the car, dripping off the oil pan. I lost almost 3 quarts of oil on this hour trip. I have the car home now, in service position in my garage, torn down to timing belt. Its soaked in oil. Can't see any obvious leaks. Tried to pressurize with my neat boost leak checker and that didn't show anything. Ran the car for about 45 seconds, afraid to run it longer than that with no coolant. Nothing. There is a spot of oil dead center of my radiator about 2" by 6". My fan also had oil all over it and seems to be more concentrated on the right side of the engine. I am thinking front main seal, and will be doing full timing service since the belt is soaked in oil. Have been searching and I can't find anyone with a similar issue. Is there anywhere I am missing? I want to make sure it is leak free when I put it back together. I can get pics if they would help. It is torn down further than this pic shows.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I will be able to help some others out as time goes on.

Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First of all hello all. I'm new to the forum but have spent plenty of time getting information here. Here's what I have going on. I've owned the car 6 months and after valve cover gasket and cam cap replacement I have not used or leaked any oil. So I drove from Maquoketa to Cedar rapids (about 80 miles) and got out of the car and noticed a large oil puddle under the car, dripping off the oil pan. I lost almost 3 quarts of oil on this hour trip. I have the car home now, in service position in my garage, torn down to timing belt. Its soaked in oil. Can't see any obvious leaks. Tried to pressurize with my neat boost leak checker and that didn't show anything. Ran the car for about 45 seconds, afraid to run it longer than that with no coolant. Nothing. There is a spot of oil dead center of my radiator about 2" by 6". My fan also had oil all over it and seems to be more concentrated on the right side of the engine. I am thinking front main seal, and will be doing full timing service since the belt is soaked in oil. Have been searching and I can't find anyone with a similar issue. Is there anywhere I am missing? I want to make sure it is leak free when I put it back together. I can get pics if they would help. It is torn down further than this pic shows.

Thanks in advance. Hopefully I will be able to help some others out as time goes on.

Matt
Solved

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts