Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, wonder if anyone can help me. I have a 2000 A3 Tdi but have the most irritating problem. When I close the door the interior light stays on

So I'm driving along and the dashboard is telling me that the drivers door is open!

And when I go to lock it the interior light stays on!

I've tried the local dealer and a friend who is a mechanic but both say won't be able to tell without taking the door apart

Has anyone had the same / similar annoyance??

please let me out of my misery!

Dave:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave:)

It sounds like your door switch sensor is faulty.Take the door panel off on the door which is showing is open on the DIS andhopefully you can see the switch and clean or replace it. Good luck with the repair.

cheers T-sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this problem a few weeks on my S3 (02) and Audi actually replaced the lock. I thought it was the sensor but apparently not!

·
Registered
5 Posts
as far as i know the switch is part of the door lock and the full unit has to be replaced. this is a common fault.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have also had this problem and audi say it is the door lock switch/sensor . when i talked to audi they said it was the sensor and i went and got a local vag/audi mechanic to replace it and it only cost about £20. DO NOT let audi sit and new lock as its about £200+ for a full new lock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts