Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Just joined because I am looking for more info on my A4. I have a 2000 1.8t quattro with 130000 miles! It is still running strong, but I am starting to have some minor problems with it. I just recently replaced the Cat and the front right wheel bearing. Now the rear left bearing is going bad, and I am having problems with the SAIP system. Just today I found the vacuum hose to the combi valve was totally corroded. It's funny, because my mechanic said it (pump & combi valve) needed to be replaced. It makes me wonder if he even looked at it or just plugged in the computer & only read the codes. I am hoping that replacing the hose will extinguish the check engine light?! Also, not at the top of my list, the keyless entry system isn't working. Anyhow, as much as this car has given me problems, I just can't get seem to want a different car!

Anyhow, hello and hope to get and provide good info to the many members on this forum.

airwalk :beer:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
with the remove did u replace the car battery or did the remote battery die

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by AllWheelGrip@Mar 20 2006, 02:02 AM
with the remove did u replace the car battery or did the remote battery die
The central locking computer is what is bad. I also need a new key fob since I went swimming with it. But, before I went swimming, I had already diagnosed the system. The car battery has not been replaced for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts