Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new here looking at buying an 2000 a6 advant 2.7T,
the seller is saying it is not a quattro version but my understanding is that all these are a quatrro design can anyone shead some light on this.

cheers greg

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
are there any quattro badges anywhere
u can look under the car and see if there is a drive shaft goin to the rear axles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cars on ebay so cant look for drive shafts myself,

also there are no badges he originally had it as a quattro, but has updated the ad saying someone has viewed it and told him its not a quattro, i think they could be trying to get it cheaper as he probably isnt to car clever, as it is my understanding that all of these were a quattro.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
is there an interior shot becasue if its quattro there should be a QUATTRO badge on the passanger side in the center of the wood trim

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Zywiec said:
The cars on ebay so cant look for drive shafts myself,

also there are no badges he originally had it as a quattro, but has updated the ad saying someone has viewed it and told him its not a quattro, i think they could be trying to get it cheaper as he probably isnt to car clever, as it is my understanding that all of these were a quattro.
Surely if you ask the seller if he can look undeneath to see if there a driveshaft running to the back wheels he should spot it !!

My 6 year old daughter would be able to tell me that if i told her what to look for!! lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got a reply from seller he says theres no rear shaft, diff or anything etc....

he says audi did do them but they are very rare as only a few were ordered as 2wd?? never heard of this before?

there are no good interior shots so cant tell from passenger dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts