Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tiptronic transmission jerks sharply when the transmission changes from 3rd to 2nd when slowing down in its usual automatic mode, and also to a lesser extent on the change up from 1st to 2nd. It is most noticeable when slowing gently. It has been back to the dealer under warranty four times in the 4,000 miles since new for "software upgrades", plus an expensive-sounding Mechatron valve and control unit replacement at the last visit. Each time it is OK for a week or so, then reverts to the same jerking behaviour. Anyone else had this problem or know the solution? It's getting boring and spoils the whole driving experience of an otherwise nice car.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
we had a recall for that on my 02 back in the day for something like that and they replace the programmin and it was alrite for me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, AllWheelGrip, for the prompt input. Reprogramming seems to be the preferred way to go, but for some reason it does not last more than a few days on my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Since my last message the dealer spent a lot of time tuning the tiptronic transmission, including two guys driving around for two hours with a laptop hooked up inside the car, so it's not a simple job. Happily it has been OK for six months now, but time will tell. It does low kms (about 5k a year - my wife's car) so perhaps running-in helped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts