Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone returned to the dealers with a shuddering or juddering clutch in 1st gear? Did they fix it?
Only seems to happen when cold, and not every time.:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Admiral said:
Anyone returned to the dealers with a shuddering or juddering clutch in 1st gear? Did they fix it?
Only seems to happen when cold, and not every time.:confused:
Just got an A6 and mine is fine, however, had a 2.0tdi A4 prior to this and it shuddered, apparently this is a faultly fly wheel issue, they know about it!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My B6 A4 Avant did this all of its life on cold and damp mornings. It cleared after 2 or 3 uses of the clutch, so I never bothered letting the dealer fiddle with it. In the summer it never happened so I would put it down to an idiosyncracy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The older models all had this issue, it was atmospheric moisture condensing on the clutch plate, especially when it was wet, and burning off after the first use.

I thought the later models had a modified design to prevent this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the latest A6 2.0 tdi and the same in a 55 plate A4 and both suffer with the judder. Audi tell me there is no recognised fault!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All fixed

Audi Chelmsford replaced my clutch friction plate under warranty and the problem has gone. They did say that the did not notice it when test driving the first time, but this is company (VAG) policy to deny customers warranty claims the first time in the hope you will just live with it. Be persistant and demonstrate the fault in person and they should accept it.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
"this is company (VAG) policy to deny customers warranty claims the first time in the hope you will just live with it" WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH! So long as the customer can demonstrate the concern and it is determined there is a manufacturing defect it will be repaired under the terms of the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts