Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Audi lovers bought my a4 1.9 tdi quattro sport at the end of october last year after having owned a list of cars most memorably sti type impreza and more up to date my beloved evo 5,have to say i love the way this car handles was very suprised what with the weight issue etc but soo far im thoroughly enjoying audi ownership and am baffled as to why i didnt go out there and buy 1 earlier anyhoo just 1 issue if anyone will kindly answer for me please,

my left rear break light has gone but ive searched an can not find anyway of doing this without me breaking something and totally going berserk if anyoen has had any experience of this please please please can you tell me how its done many thanks in advance,

Ifty

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey Ifty:
Welcome to the show. To get at my A6 rear lights I go at the from inside the trunk. Remove or pull back the carpeting covering the light assy. Remove the electrical plug. squeeze the two tabs that are holding the three light assy in place.
Make sure you have your radio code before you do this in case you zig when you should have zagged.
Good luck bro :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
YOU DONT HAVE TO REMOVE ANY CARPET ETC ON THE A4 -

below is a post i posted on another forum topic.. (try using the search function to find any questions you have, its a massive database now! )

Front or Rear bulb??

If Front... You need to take the headlight unit out if its on the left hand side (due to power steering reservoir, if on the right hand side you can just about get to the cover to remove it...
If you need to remove the head lights .. it simple... 4 torque screws on the top.. undo and slide towards youself.... (place on something soft and remove the plastic cover and change bulb.. reinstall and tighten up..

If on the rear... Open the boot/tunk. just inside the boot about 2 inchs in from the seal on the left and right you will see 2 circle cut outs in the boot lining - get the screwdrive from your toolkit in the boot, lift the circle flap.. under the bolt/srew and slide the bolt out...While holding the rear light cluster.. (2 PEOPLE IS ALWAYS BETTER HERE!!) once the bolt is out lift the light cluster.. (little bit of rocking about and it will lift off... unclick the power wire (Simple clip) and remove the back ocover and replace bulb... (TEST before refitting)

Job done...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Laseron@Jan 10 2006, 08:01 PM
Hey Ifty:
Welcome to the show. To get at my A6 rear lights I go at the from inside the trunk. Remove or pull back the carpeting covering the light assy. Remove the electrical plug. squeeze the two tabs that are holding the three light assy in place.
Make sure you have your radio code before you do this in case you zig when you should have zagged.
Good luck bro :thumbsup:

cheers for the welcome mate nice to meet ya,radio code not a problem lol i found that out after i got the blasted "safe" mode randomly showing itself one morning soon got to the bottom of that issue after a little digging around,

Ifty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by RickT@Jan 11 2006, 03:53 AM
YOU DONT HAVE TO REMOVE ANY CARPET ETC ON THE A4 -

below is a post i posted on another forum topic.. (try using the search function to find any questions you have, its a massive database now! )
Front or Rear bulb??

If Front... You need to take the headlight unit out if its on the left hand side (due to power steering reservoir, if on the right hand side you can just about get to the cover to remove it...
If you need to remove the head lights .. it simple... 4 torque screws on the top.. undo and slide towards youself.... (place on something soft and remove the plastic cover and change bulb.. reinstall and tighten up..

If on the rear... Open the boot/tunk. just inside the boot about 2 inchs in from the seal on the left and right you will see 2 circle cut outs in the boot lining - get the screwdrive from your toolkit in the boot, lift the circle flap.. under the bolt/srew and slide the bolt out...While holding the rear light cluster.. (2 PEOPLE IS ALWAYS BETTER HERE!!) once the bolt is out lift the light cluster.. (little bit of rocking about and it will lift off... unclick the power wire (Simple clip) and remove the back ocover and replace bulb... (TEST before refitting)

Job done...

Hi RickT thanks for the welcome and the info mate ive got the 2 circle cut outs but the thing is there not cut out am i supposed to make a hole in these circles just thought id ask before i ruin the carpet and no flap is visible sorry to be a pain,

Ifty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys im a plonker the circles do pop open i was trying to poke them open lol crazy stuff anyhow ive now changed the left and right bulbs as when i changed the left bulb the right one looked dull so i changed both cheers for all the help guys much apreciated, :liebe011:

Ifty

p.s will get soem pics of of me ride when i get a decent digi camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts