Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples....i have a 1999 Audi A4 1.8t fwd, what sway bars would you go with...I've heard H&R and Neuspeed are good. Which ones would you go with...?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Neuspeed front bar is 29mm (others may be also) and is the same as the Audi Sport Suspension Package Option. If you have a sport suspension, then you do not need this part.

Check the Audi dealership for cost of a replacement vs. the aftermarket cost (Neuspeed is about $260) and buy whichever is cheaper since the Audi dealership may not charge you shipping and they are the same.

For a rear bar, it really depends on what you want to do. Two common options are (including with Neuspeed) a 25mm and a 29mm bar. For normal sporty driving on the street the 25mm bar will still retain the understeer common on most US cars, while the 29mm bar may allow the back end to come around on you if you try.

Good luck, both Neuspeed and H&R are good bars with Neuspeed being a bit easier to find. Here's the link to Neuspeed's site:

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_l...2&ltype=ns_euro

The whole stock Audi sport package works great, if you can find one at a wrecking yard, and don't want to lower your car too much (20mm) then I highly recommend it.

My '99 Avant has the sport option.

VB

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts