Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have two questions as a new owner of a 1999 A4 2.8 Quattro I bought for my son.

1. How do you know if you have a sport suspension? This car has a 3 spoke steering wheel with tiptronic controls and 10 spoke wheels which I cannot find much about other than they were offered, supposedly, as RS wheels in mid-1999; this is an early 1999.

2. Looking for all weather rubber floor mats for front and rear. Everything I see are for 02/1999 or newer cars; this is an early 1999.

Would appreciate any help I can get! I am an old 71 Vette guy and this is all new to me with the Audi business.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
195 Posts
The easiest way to determine exactly what is on your car is to look for the options code sticker and then look them up. It is a bunch of 3-letter codes arranged in columns and rows. I have a very long spreadsheet with all the codes (about 10,000 lines) that I have assembled and sorted from somewhere. It seems to be all the codes for every Audi from 1995 and later.

If you can send your codes to me via email in a spreadsheet, with each 3-letter/number code in a separate cell, I'll sort them and tell you what all your options are. Please look at the codes closely and differentiate "O"s from "0" zeros. (a line through the zero would be fine)

If you don't have a spreadsheet program, type each code on a separate line in your wordprocessing program.

At least I'm willing to give it a try - remember my spreadsheet is 10,000 lines long and I'm still working on getting the data correct so I can search for codes easily.

VB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Dumb question, but where do I find the options code sticker? Is this posted in the car somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VB,

I found where the codes are located. I am attaching a word document with the codes in columns as this site would not allow me to upload a .xls file. You should be able to copy and paste, special, in Excel. I could not tell if they were listing the number 0 or the letter O, so I listed the code twice using the number once and the letter the second time.

Thank you very much for helping.

By the way, would you happen to know if there were any changes between 1998 and early 1999 models? This is a 1999 built in 10/98.

Thanks!
44soccer

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts