Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a 1997 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro the car has 58000 Miles on it. What types of things should I look for or are there any specific problems with the car. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
basic stuff... oil, sludge, all ur basic fluids... joints, history of up to date appointments, im guessing its off warrenty too so make sure you double check things as u dont want to make a mistake in a pricey investment, all and all audi's computers are so good they can normally tell u whats up.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
see if the belt has been done casue 60k is the times for the belts and thats pricy to do so u might not want to buy a car that needs a belt job soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
1997 A8 in CT. with 58,000 miles? Is it on Ebay purchance? I just drove to CT this Friday and test drove this very car adn bought it on the spot. I paid the "buy now" price of $10,900 without a flinch. Very nice car. Sorry. He does have a very nice Lexus for sale as well and he is a straight up guy. I was really suprised by what a decent salesperson he was. I don't know if you are at all interested in a Lexus, but if you are - talk to him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts