Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 1997 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T with bose sound system. My factory-installed radio (+cassette) has stopped working. If turned on, it displayes the text "SAFE" along with a pause (||) sign on the bottom-right corner and the unlocking process for the cassette is not working.

I want to replace this cassette/receiver with a aftermarket CD player. I went to some mechanics, but they are asking for around $800, because according to them, the wirings need to be redone and speakers need to be replaced. So I want to try to install myself.

### Is it possible to install the new player just by removing the radio and plugging in the new cd/mp3 player without redoing those wirings and replacing the speakers?
### Can you please point me to some helpful links where I can get some help/instructions to install the cd player?

Thanks a lot.

Nur

·
Registered
144 Posts
To avoid rewiring, you may find some adaptor connectors in shops. However, the speakers need to be replaced. As far as I know (I didn't test, just read on forums) Bose speakers don't sound good with anything else than Bose amp and headunit. So if you don't change your speakers, you may experience bad sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts