Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Ever since i bought my A3 the lights in the centre console, behind the heater dials etc have never worked.

Does anyone know if indeed there are lights there (stupid if not) and if so where are the bulbs/how do i change them. Presuem this is what the issue is of course.

Anyone had a similar issue??

Once of those things you don't really notice when you first buy a car hey (been 3 years though now....about time i sorted it!!!)

Thanks
pedderz

:57:

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I have exactly the same problem on my 1997 1.8t sport and have never bothered to check it out but it can be anoying in the dark when you have to feel around to adjust the heater switches and knobs.

Anyone know if they are meant to be illuminated?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Come on guys .

Does anyone know if the heater dials are meant to be illuminated on the A3 or have we got blown bulbs ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
They are illuminated on mine - they come on when the ignition is on.

Afraid I can't help with where the bulbs are though!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
right..... do all of them not work??? ie center and the left and right ones next to the doors??

if so... on the B6, the SE model got them in the light pack as standard and the sport didnt...

I enquired about this on mine at Audi and got them to replace the bulbs to find the light pack was not installed!!

if the far left and right one light up and the middle ones dont i would guess its the bulbs and try to replace.. however cant help you on that job!!

(one thing i was told on the B6 was to open the drivers door.. the side panel on the dash comes off.. look in there and see if theres power going to the vent...)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Rick the light pack option sounds about right as none of my dials light up.

It seems crazy that Audi would make it an option to illuminate the heater dials on such an expensive car when it was new.

oh well i guess we we have to live with it and fiddle around in the dark still lol

:puzzled:

cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your help on this. I agree it is madness!!!

Oh well, at least i know now, saves me spending hours trying to locate blown bulbs that aren't their.

cheers
:liebe011:

·
Registered
46 Posts
What about the heat screen & recirculate switches do they light up.
I have a brochure in which they look illuminated.
I guess Audi wanted everyone to keep ticking those options boxes

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Stannary
I know the recirculate one does, not sure about the heated screen, will need to check. The other heater controls definately don't though.

Thanks
:liebe011:

·
Registered
6 Posts
On mine the heater controls on the centre consol light up, but those at the ends of the dashboard, by the windows, do not (and do not look as if they should)!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it depends on what model year A3 you have.

Not a direct comparison, but they are illuminated on my 2003 A3 and 2003 A4, but not on my friend's 2001 A4.

Hope this helps,
Shye

·
Registered
13 Posts
People

I have the same issue, my dials did light up until yesterday! The bulb has blown, I am a real fussy person when it comes to that stuff, if you pull on the fan power dial (the one which points at numbers) it will pop off and you will find a bulb to replace, how you do that is another question, check back soon when I have sorted it out for a further post!!

Laters

1 - 15 of 15 Posts