Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 A4 1.6. No heat is being generated in the cab of the vehicle.
The water pump and thermostat have been replaced and the whole system drained and flushed through. Does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The engine temp is 90. It appears to heat correctly and stays at a steady temp over a long period of time - no problem there.
It is the basic model with turn knob controls.
Turning heater to any temperature position appears to make no difference.
Selecting floor/window vents makes no difference.
Recirculating air also has no impact.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the blower works, it sounds normal.

Everything seems to be OK, except no heat coming into the cab of the vehicle.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
If the blower works, it means that you have a problem with the flaps. Most likely, you have a flap stuck in closed position, which does not allow the heat from the cooling water to be taken by the blower into the cabin.

Now, in an automatic (i.e. electronic) AC unit, these flaps are controlled electrically, by motors. Yours being manual (with turn knobs) I don't know for sure if it's electric or mechanic. I recall that in an Audi 80 I once owned, the turn knobs controlled the flaps mechanically, by means of pulling some wires (like the brakes on a bicycle).

Anyway, there's two places to start looking:
1. The temperature knob - get it out, see if there's anything wrong there.
2. The flap itself. I can't tell you where it's located, but most probably it's well hidden under the dash. Anyway, if this is the case, I recommend that you contact somebody more experienced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I am arranging for someone to look at this for me, hopefully this weekend. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts