Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

need help fast!!

drivers side window opened fine yesterday but would not go back up so left with open car now.

took door panel off this morning to see if i vould get window up to keep rain / thifs out but it would not budge.

have checked the switch and it as fine as i tried pn the passenger door connector and the relay under the dash clicks when i press the switch but the window just sits there it seem as if there is no juice getting to the motor as it makes no noise atall so i guess that is where the problem lies.

has anyone else had this prodlem and what is the fix - guess a new motor for starters. also is this a diy fix or is it better to throw some cash at a mechanic.

the gaffer tape and polythene replacement is spoiling the coupe lines i like so much!!!!

cheers

Dave

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi there,

I have a '94 2.6 V6 Coupe & I also had the same problem with the drivers side window.

It took me an age to figure out the problem, but in the end I located it to the window and sun roof relay under the dash (you'll need to remove the storage shelf under the steering wheel and its in position numbers 5&6 in the front auxiliary panel) so I purchased a new "power window/sunroof control module relay" from vagparts.com at a cost of £61.05 inc vat.

This cured the problem!

However, after removing the cover from the old one and inspecting the circuit board, one of the soldered joints was simply burned out! So if your any good with a soldering iron check this out first.

Hope this is of some help, Merry Christmas & a very prosperous (and dry!) new year!

Phill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Audi coupe door window

Hi dave-r could you tell me how you got the panel off the door please as my coupe has something catching inside after some bright spark at an audi garage a long time ago tried to insert something down the door to open it after it had self locked and locked the keys inside. ie what tools did you use beside a philips screwdriver etc, i would be most greateful for advice please

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
door card removal

hi there the saint

- sorry for the slow reply havent checked the forum for a while as i had got my prob sorted (needed new window motor by the way and with the benefit of the experience i reckon i could have done it all myself instead of paying someone )

but if you have not got it fixed yet perhaps this will help. its all from memory but i think pretty accurate....:)

see attached file if you have any probs reading it PM me

sorry about the quality of photos i took them on my phone at night

hope it helps

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi dave r thanks for that info will get onto it next week, must get the car sorted soon as need to sell it, its been sat on my drive for the last six months and still starts first time

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a very similar problem some of my windows in my 1995 90 dont go up or down from the doors control and sometimes from my drivers control panel. Its almost completely random when they work or don't work. I'm wondering if this is a common problem or if I have some serious wireing to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
this seams to be a common problem for audi coupe with electric windows, my boyfriend had teh same problem with his coupe... but my doesn't have electric windows and i don't have that problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there pmcgrath

i had a similar problem with my last car (a 1994 VW Passat) and forund that some of the wires in the harness had broken within the rubber boot that goes from the door to the A/B pillars .
it was the power wire for the electric windows which would sometimes make contact leading to occasional use.
also i found that if a backed the harness connector off about 6mm (1/4" for the yanks) the windows would work. pretty sure the VW and Audi connectors are different though having seen the one on my coupe.
it sounds like you have one or both of these problems or .......!!!!!
worth checking out though so at least you know.

i fixed the wire in the loom but was not a complete fix as windows only worked a bit better - i would suggest its defo the motors but also check any earthing points as these corrode and lose their conductivity

happy hunting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts