Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys just become a member! Need a little help from the owners of `94 coupe 2.0 16v. Just bought one very good condition, recondition engine, cam done, major work done very neat and tidy. BUT. Need to know of any problems you`ve had. Also any mods to engine to increase acceleration / pull off performance? (chip?) Whats the top speed?......i just need a whole bunch of info as i can`t find any , haynes manual? Cheers guys!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a '93 coupe 2.0 16v. Was told by the last owner that he was chasing a porsche carrera up to about 140mph. As for the haynes manual for the body and some interior the 80/coupe one does the job, but if you've got the ACE engine then I think it is under the Audi 100, saw it on another post but cant remember which one.

So far i've not had many problems. I've heard the powersteering pump can be troublesome. Just had my clutch done as well.

Pete.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
cat system is always nice, intake wont really work because it will draw in hot air.... chip would definately work, check on ebay you should definately be able to find 1 for your car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
had my 16valve for 6years now and have done over 100 000 miles

one power steering pump failure
2 bottom ball joint replacements
flexible brake hoses replaced with braided steel

serviced regularly- oil changes and oil filter every 5000miles
all other filters and fluids changed annually

have replaced timing belt and tensioner twice -i do all miaintanance myself

brake pads(EBC) and tyres (goodyear) when needed

yes i can confirm top speed in excess 0f 140mph- of course this was attained on a private road :thumbsup:

regularly achieve 38mpg

drove from rotterdam in holland to calais in france at average speed of 115 mph and returned 30mpg on the same trip!!!!!

to say i have been and still am very happy with my 16 valve would be an understatement

top tip i use champion multi electrode plugs 90 000 miles and hardly worn!!

still has original clutch, car has covered 134 000 miles in total

·
Registered
74 Posts
have to agree that accelleration is poor but the torque of the engine is superb-- this suits me fine as i enjoy driving fast but do not like racing

roadholding is very stable at high speed but definately no go kart handling characteristics thru fast twisty roads- although a lowering/suspension kits are available but this does tend to make road noise a lot higher

i have thought about rechipping /remapping but in my opinion for what you would gain power/performance wise just aint worth the cost and extra wear and tear on the engine(may as well just upgrade to V6 or S2) but thats my opinion --- but would be interested to hear about exactly what power can be acheived out of the ACE engine--- some dyno charts would be good!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts