Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. im new to this forum. i have a 1993 90 cs quattro. just today out of the blue it started overheating. i turned the heat on hi and it brought the temp back down to almost normal. the car has a new thermostat also. i noticed that the 2 radiator fans blow against the radiator instead of toward the motor. im new with cars but arent the fans supposed to take the hot air from the radiator and blow it toward the motor? a mechanic was mesing with my car today, and before he messed with it the temp was perfect. my question is, if the car is overheating when it is idling them its not the fault of the fans right? i realy need some help please!!!! thanks in advance! karl

·
Registered
3 Posts
karl454 said:
hi all. im new to this forum. i have a 1993 90 cs quattro. just today out of the blue it started overheating. i turned the heat on hi and it brought the temp back down to almost normal. the car has a new thermostat also. i noticed that the 2 radiator fans blow against the radiator instead of toward the motor. im new with cars but arent the fans supposed to take the hot air from the radiator and blow it toward the motor? a mechanic was mesing with my car today, and before he messed with it the temp was perfect. my question is, if the car is overheating when it is idling them its not the fault of the fans right? i realy need some help please!!!! thanks in advance! karl
I had the same problem after I let someone change my timing belt. The wires that go to the fans were reversed where they bolt onto a grey/silver resitor plate located behind the front bumper cover. Follow the wires from the fan to the resitor plate and reverse them ; this should cause the fans to spin in the proper dierection and solve your overheating problem as it did mine. FROM NOW ON, I DO MY OWN WORK... GETTING LAZY CAUSED ME GRIEF.
GOOD LUCK I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts