·
Premium Member
534 Posts
oh and :00000732: to the forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its making a loud clicking sound..and then near rear or the car sounds like air is leaking somewhere but its def not the tires

·
Registered
3 Posts
The leaking air sound migth be the fuel pump by the rear left tire, if the fuel pump is located there on your model to. And the clicking noise can be the valves, it`s a common problem with older audis here in Norway. Mine has it to, just crank up the volume on your stereo and its gone;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 'Ticking noise' would be the cam followers or 'lifters' . A common problem on this engine. Check your oil level as the ticking will get worse as the oil level drops. The lifters are operated by oil pressure so any sludge deposits forming in the engine can cause the lifters to become sticky and tick..short of replacing them tou can put additives in the oil to try and help clean them up...hope this helps...cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lifters is it, not valves, just didn`t remember the word. When I got my car, it ticked like crazy, so i changed engineoil and it helped a lot. There is still ticking, but not so much as before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts