Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help! Have a problem with a 1991 Audi 100 ignition. My daughter went to the store and turned off the car, no problem, but now the lights on the panel will not turn off and the car will not start! The key turns and unlocks the steering wheel, but nothing else happens.

Please help with any ideas

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my audi 90. I removed the gauge cluster, but how to remove the ignition switch? There is one bolt near steering column, but i havent got the screwdriver to remove it (it has star in the middle not the philips or flat head). Maybe someone knows how to start engine without ignition switch. I have removed the wires already. Sorry for bad english. :unsure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bob,
I justed replaced the ignition switch out of a 93 Quattro 100 Avant. Not for the faint at heart. I would recommend disconnecting the battery totally and waiting 15 minutes to reset the computer. This may work.
Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, the **** ignition need to be replaced. I was able to get in far enough, that I was able to get the plug off and put the new switch on and works. Does anyone know, do you need remove the dash to replace. I have never see such a switch like this! Why would anyone design it like that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts