Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 audi 100 2.3L 5cyl. The problem I'm having is that the sparkplugs won't fire. I first thought that it was the ignition coil, however, after I replace the ignition coil, it STILL wouldn't start. Then I hooked up my timing light and it won't flash because the sparkplugs (which are maybe a year old) don't seem to be recieveing power. I'm EXTREMELY confused, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
no spark

Check you timing belt marks, and the index of the distributor. If some one has tried to adjust the timing on the car and then turn it off the car might not start if the dist. was turned very far, there is no timing to set on this engine, line up the timing marks and index the dist. correctly and that is it. When I was a tech in a German repair shop I had a car towed in for this same problem. Customer thought they would check and adjust there timing and then a not start condition. If the ECU see the dist. is not index correctly to the timing belt it thinks that the timing belt has jumped time ( jumped a couple of teeth on the belt ) and will not give primary signal to the ignitor ( no signal no spark ).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts