Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if audi plan to upgrade the current 140bhp 2.0 tdi with the new 170bhp version. VW are offering it in the passat and golf and Audi are launch an A4 with it with the option of quattro. I'd be a bit gutted if i go for the current 140bhp version only have audi anounce this more powerful version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I would like to know this aswell. I see many 2.0tdi demos for sale @audi.co.uk and thought this may be the reason and i would hate to order one and find i could have got a faster car with better resale for not much more cash(? if it is coming how much extra would it be likely to cost me?

Thanks
Woody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called in to my Audi dealer today and he said they have no knowledge from the factory that they will do the A6 with 170bhp engine. He did say that it is a £900 extra over the 140bhp engine for the A4. I've got an 2.0TDI on order and so i don't feel so bad about sticking with the 140bhp if the new model is going to be the best part of a grand more should they decide to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I will be a little more annoyed about is if they offer Quattro with the 170bhp engine, because I would really like a 4 wheel drive car but at the moment you can't get the 2.0L tdi as a Quattro and there is a big premium for a 2.7tdi diesel Quattro A6. Its £4.5k more plus another grand or so when you take into account the 2.0tdi has sat nav as standard.
I'm sure Audi are in a bit of a dilemma with this because if they are not careful they will affect the sales of the 2.7tdi fwd and the Quattro version if they offer it for the 2.0tdi. If you can get the same performance, maybe slightly better economy, satnav as standard and it’s a grand or so cheaper, why would you buy a 2.7?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
For £900 i would definately take it. I think they would still sell 2.7s because the 2.0t and 2.4 have 7bhp between them and yet when nav is accounted for theres a 1300 price difference. Many people will happily pay the premium for the badge and 6 cylinders it might help if they just offer the 170 with fwd aswell. THe more i think about it the more convinced i am that it is arriving. But should i wait either hope its available for sept delivery? buy an inbetween car till it does arrive or order the 2.0tdi and just be done with it?

Thanks
Woody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a difficult one and i think these days when buying a new car you just have to except that it won't be long before the manufacturer launches a slightly better version. In some ways i wish manufacturers would just leave the specification alone until the mid life facelift at about 3 years into the production run. At least then you could buy a car with some comfort your not going to miss out better version just after taking delivery. I already have my car on order due to be built week 25 with delivery end of June, so i'm going to stick with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
AS they are already in the 2007 model year I think it is very unlikely they will introduce it until next year. They now offer the 2.7 and 3.0 TDI with paticle filters and more power here in Belgium. Perhaps they will drop the less powerful 2.7 next year and go for the 2.0 170.

Interestingly, I test drove the 2.0 and 2.7 back to back (both front wheel drive and manual boxes); the difference in performance is not so great but the 2.7 is much smoother, especially at higher speeds. I went for a 2.7 Quattro in the end because my budget was increased (We still get a good deal on company cars here in Belgium) and I am so looking forward to my first quattro after having two C5 A6 FWD in the past.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top