Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there yet with one to give us a review.
Sounds a great engine on paper but what's it really like?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd be interested to hear any opinions too as I've not found one I can test drive yet and my car is up for renewal in 4 months time.

The 170PS S-Line S-Tronic is looking awesome but I don't think the boss is going to swallow the cost tbh, especially not with the DVD satnav option. Might be time to buy a map :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually, I just got a new A3 about 2 weeks ago. It's the 2.0TDI 170 Quattro S-Line. So far, it's a huge improvement on the 140bhp version. Much quieter, much smoother and feels so much faster. Granted I have the quattro system too which gives it a bit faster acceleration but I haven't been able to try it all out yet as I have to run it in a bit first. Only got 950miles on the clock so far. One thing to take into consideration however, the 140bhp (non quattro) A3 I have previously got an average, over 67,000 miles of 47mpg (roughly) and that includes a lot of motorway driving through Europe, b road driving and some 'fun' driving shall we say ;). The 170 version is a bit thirstier so far. It's getting about 38mpg at the minute, but I'm confident that this will improve slightly as it runs in and I can drive it just how I want to. the quattro system obviously doesn't help the situation, but I love it. SO much grip.

Overall, BIG improvement on the 2.0TDI 140bhp Sport that I had before. I'll never look back :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've test driven the 170 TDI and was a really nice drive, Alot smoother and the power is almost always there... The fuel economy wasn't that much lower either, definately worth the extra if its an option! I was tempted but decided to stick with the petrol option for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts