Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what wires are what in this socket? It's the socket from the bi xenon headlight assembly. I'm trying to figure out what controls what and can't find a diagram anywhere. 14 pin 008.jpg

14 pin 007.jpg

14 pin 006.jpg

14 pin 004.jpg

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi! No replies, so let's do at least something. Some connections does not look like the factory at all - changes before? Will the ELSA-like wiring diagram help you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what ELSA is but any diagram would be helpful and as far as I know this is the factory set up. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is what I understood from the manual (first color is left, then right):

1, gn/gr, ws/ro, Cornering light motor
2, ws/gr, gn/ro, Cornering light motor
4, sw/bl, gr/li, Cornering light motor
5, br/ws, br , Ground for HID
6, ge/sw, ge/ws, HID lamp
7, br, br, Ground for Beams Switch-Over Solenoid, DRL, parking and turn lamps
9, sw/bl, sw/gr, Turn signal lamp
10, gr/sw, gr/ro, Parking lamp
11, li/bl, li/gn, Switch-Over Solenoid
12, ws/sw, ws/ge, DRL lamp
14, br, br, Ground for the cornering motor

ws - white
sw - black
br -broun
li - lilac
bl - blue
gr - grey
ge - yellow
gn - green
ro - red

The loop style isolated wire on your connector is 100% not original. Please use this AS-IS - I could not find the connector pin-out or any other way to validate this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks a lot, its really apprieciated. My biggest problem is that I don't have the owners manual. So you think this really isn't factory? This harness is also connected to another that plugs directly into the HID ballast and it too has a whole mess of wires, sure looks factory to me. but then again what do I know... This is my first Audi.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having trouble to retrofit B7 Bi-Xenon on a B6 Xenon headlight socket(10-pin to 14-pin)

Have u resolved the wiring issue or do you have an good wiring diagram?(Elsa doesn't give me the answer...)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I was never able to get a good diagram, I got everything working but the computer isn't reading that the lights are connected so it will throw the warning lights on the dash... Sorry I couldn't help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After a lot of time and effort I reverted to aftermarket hid's and used a test light to find the signal wire, worked like a charm, and haven't had any problems and the auto-headlight feature still works. I know it's not the professional way of doing things, but hey it works and no one knows but me. Lol, good luck and if you ever find a good diagram please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
After a lot of time and effort I reverted to aftermarket hid's and used a test light to find the signal wire, worked like a charm, and haven't had any problems and the auto-headlight feature still works. I know it's not the professional way of doing things, but hey it works and no one knows but me. Lol, good luck and if you ever find a good diagram please let me know. Thanks
I found an adapter for my conversion problem: https://www.speedfreakcarparts.nl/product_info.php?products_id=25689 (dutch site)

This adapter converts A4 B6 OEM Xenon 10 pins to 14 Pins B7 Xenon headlight connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts