Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a performance exhaust upgrade? I've found offerings for APR, Milltek and Borla. I really don't want anything too loud. I'm much more interested in performance gain than waking the neighbors. From what I've seen, cat back prices range from $600 for the Borla package to over $900 for Milltek. Is there a difference from one to the other or is this really a "spec" purchase (i.e. 2.5" 304SS)?

Some experienced advice would be great. I have lots I'd like to do to the car and would rather not spend more than necessary.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't have the links in hand, but I've seen sites that have clips of the exhaust. Not the best way to test a system out, but if you don't have it in person its kinda hard to tell.

Most experiences seem to be that exhaust systems made for audi's are not made to be loud.

If you get one and like it, let me know. I'm in the market too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi iam looking for any exhaust to i found out that miltech is one of the best systems out there and its only loud when you get on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've run a Borla which was nice but was destroyed by a large rock in the roadway :( I currently run a Nuespeed exhaust which is of very high quality. I get a little more performance with this Nuespeed but sacrafice a little more noise. Neither system was to loud. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The real question is ... does it matter which you buy? All the performance systems are 2.5" 304 SS. Other than a sound preference, does one brand have a performance advantage over another? Doesn't seem that way. I'd expect the performance gain comes from retuning the motor (aka chip).

All you input is appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts