Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 allroad and the check engine light keeps comming on. I have had the vehicle in the shop once or twice a month over the last year. They did replace the O2 sensor but the light still keeps comming on. Now they are telling me that it is a fuel related issue and to try different brands of gas. They have even recommended adding an injector cleaner but I'm concerned about adding any thing to the tank because I don't want to void my warranty by doing so and I don't want them to come back and say you were not supposed to do that now you have to replace your injectors. Has anyone had this problem? if so what was the fix?

·
Registered
9 Posts
try replacing the gas fill cap..if it doesn't seal tightly it trips the check engine light..
this happened to me..if the dealer won't replace..it's a pretty cheap part...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
did they check ur injector, did they VAG-COM your care to see what the problem is
it still miht be the 02 sensor again becasue tht thing breaks alot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No they just said they cleared the fault and said "must be the gas" I will have them check again.

thx

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I would get it back onto VAG-COM and see whats errors are going on..

without getting it vag-com'ed it could be anything!

the last thing i woulod say was it was the gas/petrol, even if its poor quality it will still run..

let us know how you get on!

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts