Audi Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding my '03 AR that we just purchased.

We seem to have a rectangular depression (pushing out ward) on the top of the passenger side dashboard in the size of a shoebox. It is not perfectly symmetrical, but rather off center or tilting from the start of the dash to the windshield.

Have any of you experienced on your own AR? The dealer told us that this is normal but I cannot see how this can be normal if the depression is off center, wouldn't the airbag be off center than? On other Audis you don't see this. Just curious if any of the AR owners have experienced this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just recently noticed that same dashboard depression. I have a 2004 2.7T and bought it new. I can assure you that this depression has not always been there. It just popped up recently. I am going to make an appointment to have them check it and hopefully my warranty will replace it.

I don't think that a rectangular depression on this car can be normal. I'll let you know what the service center says about mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow!!

Please keep me posted, my car is currently at the shop and I am anticipating a fight on this one....

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Any update?? intresting post.....

its good to know that ALLROADINMAC has had hes from new so you can rule out that anyone has been messing with in the past..

Keep us posted.

Rickt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone please send or post a photo / illustrator of the dash/passenger air bag placement. So I can get a better idea of what we’re dealing with on this defect.
Thank you,
P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay. Here is the update....

As of right now, Audi will not replace or fix it due to cleaner.

The service guy said that the dash is like that because I had my car detailed and that the leather/vinly conditioner they use is responsible for the pertruding airbag out of the dash. The funny thing is that I have only had my car detailed once since I have purchased it in '04 and this was about two weeks ago. I noticed the dash pertruding about 2 months ago which leads me to the conclusion that whatever product that the detailer used was not responsible for the problem.

The service guy understood my concern and he says that he is going to schedule an appointment with the one of the main audi service representitives, who comes out to their service department about once a week. That guy will be the final say on if Audi will warrant the dash.

I"ll post pictures soon.

FYI, the service guy said that he has never seen this problem before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine looks the exact same.

I have an appointment set for next week. The Audi rep is going to come look at my car and determine if audi will fix the dash under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well all I can tell you is GOOD LUCK!

Audi seems to think that this is NOT a defect. Although you will find some service directors that are not impaired by blindness will acknowledge that they do see it. But, then they’ll tell you that it's normal and they don't see a problem.

So, back to my comment:

Why, why, why, would anybody pay 45-50K for a car and still be so passive as to say; yea, I see and it and I guess it bothers me, but oh well, I guess I’ll just live with it....BS!!!

Came on! Is this an Audi or a Yugo?

VORSPRUNG!!!
You Lead, don’t let them lead you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
okay,

The manager and Audi representative came and inspected my car along with 4 other allroads. They came to the conclusion that all allroads have that same seam of the airbag showing. It was decided that when the car gets older that the dash settles. I was told that that specific design of the dash, in the allroad, all have the seam of the airbag visible.

Personally, I do not think that a $50K car should have the airbag popping out of the dash. I will be writing AudiUSA a letter concerning my dash.

Any other suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally, I think that everyone should complain to Audi and then they might just admit to their error.

I know I am!!!!

K
:mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I am astonished!
I thought Audi people were a unique and united group of people. Gentleman, we have got to get together on this and not hide out. I really need to get some data on this problem. I am sure that there is someone who has tried to conquer Audi on this. Any one, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller ….

Excuse my ranting but I seem to be out here on my own. I am just about to get an attorney on this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
dash

Took it to another dealership in the area and they are replacing my dash! This dealership said that it is definitely not normal and is way too noticable.

I guess it pays to shop around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts