Audi Forums banner

03 A4 Trunk will only open by the manual key

1K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Billthebuilder 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just purchased this vehicle and none of the buttons work to operate the rear trunk. they are not making any noises at all in the back. From what I can tell there is a button in the driver side door panel and also at the trunk itself but they do not work. I checked the fuses and they all look good. what other components should I be checking to get these buttons to work? is there a relay or something I am missing?
Thanks in advance for your time!

Tpotter

#2 ·
Hello everyone,
I just purchased this vehicle and none of the buttons work to operate the rear trunk. they are not making any noises at all in the back. From what I can tell there is a button in the driver side door panel and also at the trunk itself but they do not work. I checked the fuses and they all look good. what other components should I be checking to get these buttons to work? is there a relay or something I am missing?
Thanks in advance for your time!

Tpotter
Remove the trunk liner on the lid and check the actuator 2 tork screws unplug it and it’s easy to bench test.

#15 ·
no i sure haven't....unfortunately i have been chasing down a no crank issue, which turned out to be the starter relay, and a coolant leak, which is a stripped bolt that is supposed to be holding the rear coolant flange on. ill try to get back to the door switch soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.