Audi Forums banner

03 A4 Trunk will only open by the manual key

1K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Billthebuilder 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I just purchased this vehicle and none of the buttons work to operate the rear trunk. they are not making any noises at all in the back. From what I can tell there is a button in the driver side door panel and also at the trunk itself but they do not work. I checked the fuses and they all look good. what other components should I be checking to get these buttons to work? is there a relay or something I am missing?
Thanks in advance for your time!

Tpotter

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I agree, but why would both the driver door switch AND the switch at the trunk not operate? 🤔. i checked all of the fuses, on the driver side dash, of what i thought it could be and all of them looked good.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
no i sure haven't....unfortunately i have been chasing down a no crank issue, which turned out to be the starter relay, and a coolant leak, which is a stripped bolt that is supposed to be holding the rear coolant flange on. ill try to get back to the door switch soon.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Did you find your problems ?
Ok finally back at trying to figure out the trunk situation. I have noticed that, at times, when i turn the headlights on the trunk will pop open. But its never consistent. I have also found that There are some wires spliced from the tail lights and looks like they are providing power to the license plate lights. There are also wires that seem to be spliced into a trailer light towing module. It also has some goofy factory sounding alarm that goes off when i turn the key to the right in the driver door and lock the car doors.
How would i go about checking for voltage at the driver door switch? Is there a certain pin or wire that should have 12v? And also same questions at the trunk switch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.