Audi Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Audi S4 01E 6 speed transmission
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 S4 with 01E 6 speed transmission. I've had nothing but problems with it since I bought it but this is the car I've always wanted so I'm not just going to sell it. Within the last 6 months, I've replaced the cv axle on both sides, the output shaft on passenger side, I've replaced entire front suspension ( ball joints, control arms tie rods, ect.) I've replaced transmission mounts, engine mounts, the slave cylinder went out and I replaced it but like many others as soon as I pressed the clutch pedal, the slave cylinder instantly blew out again so I ordered another one. When it came in I replaced it and made the same mistake and instantly blew it again. I ordered a 3rd one and finally got it figured out. A couple of months later, the clutch went out. I replaced it with a single mass clutch kit along with the throw out bearing. It was running great for about a month and then I had a crank no start issue than stumped me for over 2 months. I just got it figured out a week ago and went to get my registration renewed Wednesday. Yesterday driving home from the store, while pressing the accelerator, the rpms suddenly jumped really high so I pushed in the clutch and went to change gears because I thought it had popped out of gear and into neutral. It didn't. It was still in gear so I tried every gear and it would only rev and nothing else. When I finally coasted to a stop I tried all gears and reverse but it wouldn't drive. It goes into every gear perfectly fine. I left it in 2nd gear and jumped out to push the car out of the road and it rolled like it was in neutral. I raised the front drivers side wheel off the ground to check my shift linkage and it was all good. With the wheel off the ground, I was able to put the transmission into every gear and spin the drivers side wheel freely. I don't seem to think that should be possible but I'm asking for any help I can get. I towed it to a friend's house close to where I had broke down but I can't leave it there very long. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts