Is an Audi better than a BMW overall? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Is an Audi better than a BMW overall?

guoqing
03-14-2016, 06:13 AM
Mechanically, ride, and dependability-which is better, an Audi or BMW?
Ford VCM 2 (http://www.obd2tool.com/search-VCM+II.html)

CharonAusgang
03-17-2016, 01:28 PM
There are so many series to consider that it's pretty much impossible to answer the question without just going down the line and comparing either the best Audi to the best BMW or the worst Audi to the worst BMW. Having driven both, I'd say they're pretty close but at the same time not really comparable. Too much is left up to opinion for there to be a definitive answer. What do you drive?

b5riches
07-05-2016, 04:30 AM
Audi is easier to diy in theory however the b5 seems they designed the engine and dropped it in there then piecing all else around it. Making it hard to reach to lot of places for simple jobs but it's less costly than the bmw 540i for example. However the e39 is relatively easy to get to most parts without having to drop front end for an oil pan so to speak. But parts for bmw is twice as much as Audi whereas Audi parts are cheaper but the labor effort needed evens out in the end. I currently have an b5 And e39 I love them both but slightly toward the e39 more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AB452.8Q
02-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Audi is easier to diy in theory however the b5 seems they designed the engine and dropped it in there then piecing all else around it. Making it hard to reach to lot of places for simple jobs but it's less costly than the bmw 540i for example. However the e39 is relatively easy to get to most parts without having to drop front end for an oil pan so to speak. But parts for bmw is twice as much as Audi whereas Audi parts are cheaper but the labor effort needed evens out in the end. I currently have an b5 And e39 I love them both but slightly toward the e39 more

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI too I have an e39 and a B5, the e39 is still winning lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk