Audi A4 B* - Parking Sensor Issues [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Audi A4 B* - Parking Sensor Issues

maclemming
02-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Audi A4 Saloon B8 (2008) S Line - and generally speaking I'm chuffed to bits with it. The only problem I have is that the parking sensors are playing up a bit. The car comes with graphic based front and rear sensors (using the MMI 2G interface). Not long after having the car I started to get the dreaded continual tone when activating the parking sensors (either with reverse gear or pressing the button on the dashboard). The dashboard button just flashes continually and no graphic shows on the display.

After reading on here that it appeared that I may have a faulty sensor, I took my car to a friend who has the VAG leads and he gave the following error on the Front Mid-Left (G254) sensor:

009 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent - Date: 2013.01.21
004 - No Signal/Communication - Date: 2012.12.13
014 - Defective - Intermittent - Date: 2013.01.13

With this in mind, I purchased a new Audi sensor and replaced it (was dead easy as the middle sensors are in a mesh type grill and just click out of place). Unfortunately, this didn't work.

I have now learnt the trick of listening to the clicking sound on each sensor - and the sensor in question is definitely not making any noise. I even swapped the other front mid sensor over but still no go (just to check I didn't have a new 'dud' sensor).

I'm running out of ideas?! One final thought was I did update the MMI 2G to version 5570 a couple of weeks back - but surely it would break the whole parking sensor setup if that was to blame?

Thanks,

MacLemming.