"Chipping" the ECU - experience? recommendations? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: "Chipping" the ECU - experience? recommendations?

ggharter
01-08-2013, 02:13 AM
The recently purchased a US-market '07 Q7 4.2L, running 92 octane gasoline. I am looking at performance improvements, and remapping the ECU is on my list...

...What have you tried?
...What were the results?

...the good, the bad, and the ugly...

Thanks in advance

01-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Figure I might as well chip in here - pun intended :)

When going to flash your car it will be pretty simple - Your car will be able to be flashed through the OBDII port in 15-20 minutes at a dealer so nothing needs to be opened or removed from the car. A Stage 1 flash is optimized for 91 octane while a 1+ flash is optimized for 93 octane.

The gains you will see from a tune will vary from +19-25 HP depending on your tune (1 and 1+ respectively), and a +11-17TQ increase as well over the range of the powerband. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or send me a PM. I'm here to help!

LOP
03-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Wish you had an Austin, TX dealer... Only one is san Antonio and he doesn't return calls... Any other options?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

ggharter
03-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Figure I might as well chip in here - pun intended :)

When going to flash your car it will be pretty simple - Your car will be able to be flashed through the OBDII port in 15-20 minutes at a dealer so nothing needs to be opened or removed from the car. A Stage 1 flash is optimized for 91 octane while a 1+ flash is optimized for 93 octane.

The gains you will see from a tune will vary from +19-25 HP depending on your tune (1 and 1+ respectively), and a +11-17TQ increase as well over the range of the powerband. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or send me a PM. I'm here to help!
Found a dealer, and decided to give it a try. Appeared to be the best option available.

Went to purchase the Stage 1+, but it was not available for my particular series of ECU. So the loaded a Stage 1, and Unitronic said the would build the S1+ for me. ~4 weeks later I have been notified it is available. I intend to have it installed next week.

The S1, first impressions: performance up, acceleration a little smoother at tip-in, but frequently get a stumble or hesitation starting out. Also, my estimate is that fuel cons prion has gotten worse, rather than better, by about 5-6% (1 mpg). On three long trips of 400+ miles, with varying terrain, mountainous and relatively flat, and I am down.

So, on a whole overall performance, faster, smoother all the way through the power range. Minor issues that they said they would look at. Now I am upgrading to the S1+, all bets are off. Stay posted...