Best/Worst parts vendors for brakes? Share your experiences. [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Best/Worst parts vendors for brakes? Share your experiences.

Renifer
10-07-2012, 02:33 AM
I am looking for good suggestions on where I might find the best quality brake pads and rotors for my 2006 B7 A4.
I know that the rules prohibit spamming, and I'm not looking for spam, I'm looking for experience - good and bad - on brakes parts purchases.
I want to find out which vendors to avoid as well as which are reputable.
I plan to install the brakes myself.
I'm not looking for anything other than stock, no racing parts.
This is a family daily driver.
I don't wish to get myself or anyone in trouble. I'm just asking for experience from forum members on parts vendors that they have had good experience with, and who to avoid.

Renifer
10-21-2012, 08:54 AM
It's been two weeks, and 248 views, and not one single recommendation for where I might get brake parts. I thought that I might get some help here. Disappointed.

Does anyone know what size the front rotors are?
Apparently Audi made two different sizes, 288mm and 312mm, and I don't know which size I have and which size to order.

davidlandy
11-29-2012, 08:43 AM
absolutely fella

I bought Brembo pads from eblag , cheap and been fine so far. Hope this helps a little.

Renifer
11-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Thank you David. I'll check it out. I had to call the dealership to get the size for the rotors. I have to assume that you meant eee bay. How much were your Brembos?

davidlandy
12-01-2012, 02:48 PM
hi

I can recall the rears being 11 plus post

Renifer
09-28-2015, 01:10 PM
I went with Akebono ceramic pads and Zimmermann coated discs.
It's been awhile since they were installed, and I'm very pleased.
As a side benefit, the ceramic pads have reduced the brake dust dramatically.