CCAudi
07-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

I just changed out the following on my wife's Audi A4 1.8t Cabriolet:

Valve Gasket
2 Coils
All Spark Plugs
Air distribution breather hose (and o ring) 06A103213AM

I also broke the breather tube (06B103213AK) Instead of replacing this part I used some 5/8 hose and securely fastened it to the breather hose vent (06B103221L) and the PCV (06A103245f).

The car seems to run fine. However I have noticed the oil pressure warning light coming on intermittently, but goes off after a few seconds.

Oil level seems to be ok as well.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Michael

mullardel34
07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
It's incredibly dangerous to your Audi's engine for you to operate the engine with the oil-pressure warning light illuminated; even intermittent illumination of the oil-pressure warning-light indicates that you car's engine is operating at the bottom of the range of acceptable oil-pressure. Proper oil level, while important, doesn't mean everything's OK if you're not generating sufficient oil-pressure to properly lubricate the engine components with the full load of engine-oil. You really need to park the car until you can fully resolve your low oil-pressure situation! :eek:

The most-likely cause of low oil-pressure for the Audi 1.8L turbo-motor (after a failed oil pump) is if the engine-oil pickup-tube is partially plugged-up/blocked. Either repair (oil-pump (~$80) or engine-oil pickup-tube (~$25)) will cost more for labor than the parts, but either repair will be significantly more cost-effective than rebuilding your engine due to oil-starvation... ;)

Good luck! :cool: