A/C Issue [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A/C Issue

rousch6
06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Good day all, I have a 04 Avant that was blowing hot air at start up. A/C was working fine when I went to work. This has happened once before. After pushing different buttons on the climate control unit it began to work after a few minutes. Blew COLD all the way home. Got home and hooked up VAG-Com and the A/C would not blow cold air. I received the code below, can anyone give me any ideas before I have to take it to the stealership. Also can anyone tell me is there any difference from taking it to the Audi or the V/W shop? I have a V/W shop close if I cant fix myself. SOrry for the rant the code is below.

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.1
Tuesday, 19 June 2012, 18:01:21.
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 820 043 AD
Component and/or Version: A4 Klimaautomat 1219
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 09402
VCID: 63B92C8FE25B
1 Fault Found:
01317 - Control Module in Instrument Cluster (J285)
79-00 - Please Check Fault Codes

mullardel34
06-23-2012, 08:11 AM
The code simply states that the Control Module in Instrument Cluster has a stored DTC (diagnostic troubleshooting code); you'll need to drill-in to the sub-module within the ECU hierarchy with the VAG-Com in order to determine which fault-code has been registered. :huh:

rousch6
06-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the help! I a getting ready to register the Vag-COM lite to open up some of the options I cant get right now. The A/C alaways comes on just when it want to after startup. Once on it's like a refrigerator in the car. This is my first German car and am just starting to get into the wokings of it.