A8 4.2TDI sport 2008, electric seat problem - help required please [Archive] - Audi Forums

: A8 4.2TDI sport 2008, electric seat problem - help required please

Peterross1
05-20-2012, 06:04 AM
Hi all

Picked up a 2008 A8 yesterday. Drove 200+ miles and everything worked perfectly - love the car.

Yesterday evening I had the car valleted - this morning the electric seats arent working properly. My other half jumped in to drive (who's half my size) so moved the seat far forward... now it won't move back!

In fact, now I've fully tested it, at least half of the adjustment buttons aren't working, on both driver and passenger - although different issues at both sides.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can the seats be manually moved? I physically can't get in the car at the moment!

Do you think when having the car valleted - water could have got in the electrics? I've put my hand under the seat it feels dry...

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Peterross1
05-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Ok. Finally got the issue sorted by main Audi dealer. Tried to use an independent but they were too busy. Main agent investigated and found both front seats ECUs were faulty with suspected water or fluid ingress.

The valetting company admitted they had used soapy water to clean the seats and have offered to pay the repair bill.

2 x ECUs and the labour 1278 gulp!

Right, on to the next problem - the parking sensors...