How much fluid CVT 2.0 [Archive] - Audi Forums

: How much fluid CVT 2.0

m.osiru
05-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I needed to know how much transmission fluid goes into the A4 B6 CVT 2.0 transmission? I was told 5liter but should this not be seven? how would i know if the wrong amount has been refilled after flushing??

Please help.

mullardel34
05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I think the total fluid capacity of that transmission is near 7 liters, but when you drain the transmission, it's almost impossible to exchange more than about 5 liter's worth of transmission fluid. The remainder of the fluid is captive in the internal workings of the automatic transmission.

You can take a shampoo-like approach of "lather, rinse, repeat"; drain and replace what you can, run the car for a few days, then drain and replace the transmission fluid again. The "old" fluid should have become mixed with the new fluid and the second drain-and-replace should mostly clean-up the remaining transmission fluid. :D

Good luck! :cool:

m.osiru
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks Mullard. I am working through a number of issues on the car based on diagnostics. When I put the car into reverse, it takes a few milli-seconds to engage- slight lag... doesnt seem right. Otherwise, runs well.

The main problem is finding the right parts - main option is to import so become even more costly. There is no 'real' audi dealer in Uganda.