Trying to diagnose problem with driver power window [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Trying to diagnose problem with driver power window

fowler12
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I have an 04 A4 and recently replaced the main/master power window switch at the drivers seat due to the driver side window working itermittenly. Since replacing the main switch did not solve the drivers window problem I am trying to figure out what my next step should be. The window sometimes works but most of the time it does not. I think a logical assumption at this point (after changing the window switch) is that the power window motor on the drivers door is going bad. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or suggestions so I can get my window to start working again:)

mullardel34
05-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Hmmm... the power windows, power sun-roof, remote trunk-release and the central-locking system are all controlled by the CCM (Comfort & Convenience Module), located under the driver's seat. Check to see if it's been exposed to moisture/water-damage; the module connectors are very vulnerable to corrosion, often resulting from a rain-water leak into the footwells of the car. :o

Of course, the CCM modules are pretty pricey; unfortunately, just because you purchased a $40,000 car for a fraction of its retail price as a used car, the parts still cost like it's a $40,000 car... All of us on this forum share that burden... :(

If the problem is a corrosion-damaged CCM, be certain to correct the water intrusion problem before replacing the CCM.

Good luck! :cool:

fowler12
05-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks Mullard. Do you have a picture of where it is located? Is it easily accessible or is it underneath the carpet. Also, where would be the best place to purchase a new CCM if this is the problem. Thanks, much appreciated!

turtleman14
05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
in the same place in a 02?