Wheel bearings [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Wheel bearings

crocadillypig
12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Hi guys, Merry Crimbo. I'm trying to replace the front wheel bearings on my '91 audi 90 20v. I've got the hubs off, problem is they look different to the Haynes and i can't really see how to remove the old bearings. By the look of the new ones, they are yet again different. Does anyone know why everything on my 90 is different to other 90's? Is it based on the coupe? Really had enough of ordering parts and the supplier swearing blind they are the correct ones, only to have to yet again re-order. I want to keep this car on the road, but it's one thing after another and as stated the parts are always wrong.

evo1couperacing
12-29-2011, 04:21 PM
The bearings are pressed in. The correct bearings can be found at autohausaz.com. so you can check the part number there in reference to yours.

crocadillypig
12-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Update on the wheel bearings - The ones sent from suppliers are 75mm outside dia, 37mm wide. Inside dia of 39mm with a step of 41mm. Looking everywhere and phoning all the local car parts suppliers these are the correct ones listed. So why, are mine 82mm outside dia, inside 43mm, step 45mm? Oh they're 37mm wide so i suppose that should count for something. It's taken a few hours to remove the old bearings. Blow torch and a lump hammer came in very handy. Beginning to think someone built this car 20 years ago and it must have been a Friday and they forgot which car they were doing!

crocadillypig
12-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Update No.2. I've found out i have a front wheel, 2 wheel drive quattro... So why doesn't the book or suppliers know about this? vorsprung durch technik, my arse