PLEASE HELP! 2001 2.7 Turbo: won't start, appears no spark [Archive] - Audi Forums

: PLEASE HELP! 2001 2.7 Turbo: won't start, appears no spark

2001Allroad
12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Hi all, I'm posting this for my friend who just had a failure in his 2001 Allroad 2.7T.

Background: car has the typical air suspension problems, so he had got in the habit of shutting the car down and then restarting it to reset (get the compressor to run air back into the bags I guess). Point being he did this while moving with the trans in neutral. (He's already been lectured by myself and the mechanic over the phone that this was a bad idea).

He says typically the car starts right up, and in this situation it did, but when he engaged drive it revved up to 3500rpm (normal), but as he applied more gas pedal it just kept slowing down. So he begins to pull over as the car stalls and rolls to a stop. Put it into park and tried to start it with no luck.

(I don't work on Audis only domestic hotrod stuff)
I show up with tools.

-Tried cycling the key a few times to prime the pump
-the car turns over, does not fire
-no funny smells
-all sensor connections are tight
-pulled the plugs they looked normal, not soaked with fuel, not fouled (can you tell I'm oldschool lol!?)
-No CEL showing (he has an OBD scanner in case)
-we turned the car over with a plug and coil pack connected but out of the head to check for spark and it was showing no spark (this was performed on two of the pass side cylinders)
-also backed a fuel line fitting off a bit to see if there was pressure in the line, and there seemed to be (fuel was spraying out)

So it APPEARS the only thing missing from our equation here is we're not getting any spark??

I've been searching all over the net trying to find a similar thread with this type of problem with no luck (people don't post back after they fix things arrggg)

Please any help is very much appreciated!! Thanks

brookscasper
01-27-2012, 10:37 PM
hey hoes it going just wondering if you ever fixed your no spark prob, the same thing ust happened to driving and just dies and everthing seems fine but no spark.

thanks

2001Allroad
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey sorry I should have updated the thread. I don't know the exact details of the situation but I know that he replaced his fuel pump and everything went back to normal.

I wish I had more information for you as to how he determined this. He didn't have any towing coverage so he didn't get it towed to have it scanned. Some how he determined it was the fuel pump and replaced it, then the car just fired up like normal.

Sorry if I'm not much help to you..