how do you remove a fuel pump on audi 80 93 model [Archive] - Audi Forums

: how do you remove a fuel pump on audi 80 93 model

dazman85
12-14-2011, 01:02 AM
hi im a mechanic in australia and im trying to remove a fuel pump on a audi 80 93 model with a 2.3l 5 cylinder engine. i have removed the top cap, fiel filter and hoses and wireing. jut can not seem to be able to get it out of the surge tank. please someone help me, as no one will. i have tried audi dealers but will not tell me anything, it seems lke i have wasted $1000+ on a new pump if i cant fit it. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!:confused:

evo1couperacing
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi...Greg here. Well the submerged pumps are the trickiest pumps around and it being an audi one it's even more tricky. To get it out you must ensure that you turn the whole pump clockwise to unlock it from the plastic clips that is holding it in there. Be VERY VERY careful with this manouver, chances are if it's never been replaced those plastic brackets can break very easily. So be patient and don't force it. I will come out it just being stubborn. Once you have unlocked it from the bottom brackets pull it straight up and I mean straight up or it will get caught on those stubborn brackets again and break. Good luck and post back. I'll be here. Cheers!

Greg!