05 A4 B6 - Front fender replacement/repair pricing? [Archive] - Audi Forums

: 05 A4 B6 - Front fender replacement/repair pricing?

malann
11-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi all -

Had a little fender bender the other night - put some nice wrinkles in my passenger side front fender. Not horrible mashed, just wrinkled and dented around the front of the wheel well and by the headlight.

Should I get it fixed or replaced? I saw some prices on discountbodyparts/com for a replacement fender for like $50 including shipping! I removed the fender liner and bumped out a few of the easy dents, and it didn't seem like removing it would be that bad - unless alignment is tough.

Has anyone bought from them before and can speak to their reputation or quality at all or have other suggestions? A CAPA-certified part is $40 more. Is it worth it, or just the same part with a seal?

Also, I broke the two top tabs off my headlight, no other headlight damage luckily. I was just going to leave them off and not do anything about it, any reason I shouldn't? Alignment seems to be OK still.

Any help is appreciated! By the way...this is my first post, so thanks to everyone already for the questions they answered while I was lurking

mullardel34
11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
The answer depends upon your objective; are you planning to keep the car for the long-term? If so, you really should procure an OEM Audi fender, which is an integral part of the Audi fully-galvanized steel unibody design for the B6 A4's. The MRSP pricing from Audi for the front fenders is $275/each, but most of the forum sponsors have the OEM fenders available for about $200/each. Of course, the Audi OEM fenders won't present any fitment issues beyond those expected with OEM parts... :D

We had to replaced the driver's-side front fender on my wife's 2002 A4 right after purchase of the used vehicle; it had also been previously involved in a fender-bender and the fender was crumpled sufficiently that it really needed to be replaced (not repaired). The entire job ran about $500 for parts-and-labor at a fully-equipped, Audi-certified independent body shop.

As to the headlight assembly with broken mounting-tabs; you didn't say whether your car has standard halogen/incandescent headlights (MSRP $360/side) or the optional HID headlights (MSRP $800/side) --- it really affects the cost of the replacement headlight assemblies. Again, the forum sponsors can significantly reduce the cost of the replacement headlight assemblies by providing after-market units from the OEM sub-manufacturers (such as Valeo):

Audi B6 A4 Quattro V6 30v > Lighting > Headlights > Housing > ES#835 European Headlights - Halogen Housings - B6A4ECODEHAL (http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-Quattro-V6_30v/Lighting/Headlights/Housing/ES835/)

That's a value judgment that's at your discretion... ;)

malann
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I think I am going to go with an OEM one. The guy who I have do most of my more complicated service is going to check around to see if he can find a used one already painted black from his sources - which would be great!

He also has a headlight (I have the OEM HID's) that he will sell me for $200 - but I'll probably hold off just because it seems fine without the two top mounts for now.

Thanks for the input!

mullardel34
11-16-2011, 04:27 AM
OK! Good luck with the repairs! :cool: