parking aid buzzer - advice please [Archive] - Audi Forums

: parking aid buzzer - advice please

Bartsky
10-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Hi - A6 2005 - my parktronic stopped working few days ago and after the scan the message was "H15 parking aid buzzer/short on power or ground", so it looks like the buzzer, rear I think (which did sound weird over last few months).

Does anyone know whether the fault of the buzzer makes the whole parktronic go dead or should the system still work (mean visual on MMI) and just not 'beep' at the rear?

I know that the buzzer is a bit of a common problem and replacing it is a pain so just want to make sure before ordering parts and having it done
thanks

tech2nr
11-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah Its the Buzzer/Horn me and so many it has happened to. But bewarned a $14 tiny speaker was a real Bi**h to get to its under the rear seat belt guide left/drivers side. Dealer wanted $300 to replace screw that. It took a while to get to and the scary thing is the past few weeks it started to sound weird again.When it happened to me a friend of a friend helped me tackle it he had the know how and all the trim tools (body and interior guy). So PLEASE if u find a Quick and easy way to get to it PLEASE do a how to.

Bartsky
11-04-2012, 03:21 PM
sadly, no easy fix, a lot of parts at the rear had to be removed to get to it ( - apprx 4 h labour at local garage :(

thanks