Cruise Control and Heater problems - 99 A6 4.2 Quattro Auto [Archive] - Audi Forums

: Cruise Control and Heater problems - 99 A6 4.2 Quattro Auto

coling2005
10-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi,

Just picked up a 99 A6 Quattro 4.2 V8 Automatic with Tiptronic.

Having few issues with it...

I haven't been able to get the Cruise Control working on it. I've even read the manual. When i slide the button to the On position nothing at all happens, no matter what way i slide the button or press the end button to reduce speed.
Other thing is - I checked fuses tonight and there's no fuse for the Cruise Control, as in there's an empty space which in which the fuse doesn't stay in, and no metal parts to hold the fuse in.

The cabin heater is doing strange things. Its a fully digital one with buttons for everything. Firstly, half the windscreen air vent blows hot air and the other half cold, leading to half the windscreen only demisting. Also, the temperature and where the air blows seems to be a random choice and not what I have selected. The fan is the only thing which seems to do what its supposed to. The rear window demister also struggles to demist the window.

I have the problems with lines through my dash display, making it impossible to read the onboard computer. I've ready various threads on the forum and on the internet regarding it but no clear cut answer/how-to on resolving it without extreme cost at a dealership.

4. I also have permanently lit up the Brake Pad warning light (0) symbol. Brake pads were replaced before MOT - is there any way of clearing this light?

Many thanks
Colin

Sergry vataman
10-21-2011, 12:51 AM
I can tell you to get the cruise control to work you slide the button over to the left hold unroll it registers and then the button on the end of the lever turns out of and the site done and speed up is left and right slide button. As for the brakes look to see if your brake pads have wires coming our of them. because all its is is a write thats gets cut when your brake pads wear out. So check the wires if the connection is ok if its even there. If not sadder them together. Worked for me.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using AutoGuide App

tbynke
10-25-2011, 04:31 AM
I can tell you to get the cruise control to work you slide the button over to the left hold unroll it registers and then the button on the end of the lever turns out of and the site done and speed up is left and right slide button. As for the brakes look to see if your brake pads have wires coming our of them. because all its is is a write thats gets cut when your brake pads wear out. So check the wires if the connection is ok if its even there. If not sadder them together. Worked for me.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using AutoGuide App
I have the same problem with the cruise control not working. I have an A6 98 2,8 Quattro Tiptronic Please explain the procedure since I donīt understand the described procedure.
Thanks
Torsten

Gor22don33
10-25-2011, 10:59 PM

http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/1.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/2.jpg
http://www.makemoneymakemoney.net/6.jpg