New here with a few questions... [Archive] - Audi Forums

: New here with a few questions...

musicmixr
09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Just got my first audi, it's a 2004 A6 2.7T Quattro. Very pleased with it so far but I have some questions, and after searching the forums for about an hour haven't found my answers so here we go... Any help would be appreciated!

1.) Key Fob... I've done some research and found that you need to have the specific model number. For the life of me I can not find one that matches. Mine is 4D0 837 231 W. Does anyone know where I can find one??? Really don't want to give the dealer $250... I'd like to get a valet key as well, are they as specific to model number?

2.) My trunk release button is missing. I found the button for $40 on a site but is there anyway to tell if I need the entire assembly? There is a red light being emitted from the opening but I can't tell if anything else needs to be bought.

3.) How does the fuel door work? It is supposed to lock? In the manual it says it's automatic but when the car is on, it's open, and when it's off, it's open. I don't see anywhere that would have a fuel door release

4.) Lastly, has anyone installed an aftermarket bluetooth adapter? I found this one and I'm curious...

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future (http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1010&CategoryID=50)

If so, does it work well?

Thanks in advance!

emezmer
09-10-2011, 08:13 PM
1)ECS tuning will set you up with a new transponder and cut key for about $150. I've bought several things from them and would highly recommend them for authentic and quality aftermarket parts. I don't think that they sell the valet, but you can always call and ask. Or try autotransponder.com they have the valet key, but you are on your own to have it cut and programmed.

2)No idea. Probably would be hard to just find the outer piece of the button, unless you luck upon one at a junkyard, at which point, wouldn't you just want to take the whole thing?

3)The fuel door should lock when you use central locking from your fob. It has nothing to do with the motor being on or off. Lock your doors and then check the fuel door. If you can still open it, then you have a (minor) problem

4)No idea, but that price looks very steep. That puts you in the price range of aftermarket units that have BT built in. Keep google searching, maybe you'll find something.

Good luck

musicmixr
10-17-2011, 02:19 PM
1.) Thanks for your help! I got a new remote and valet key through originalkeyless.com, the immobilizer chip was bad, but got that taken care of. IT came with instructions on how to program the remote part but every time I follow the directions my original remote stops working. Are there different steps to take to make sure both work???

2.) Yes, you're right, I'm going to pick that up from shokan shortly...

3.) It was working fine, just never tried to open it when the car was locked. duh.

4.) Looking into aftermarket units, I just like the way the stock unit looks and putting a single DIN stereo in where a double oringinally was just looks silly to me... I'll keep searching.